The Canine Good Citizen program builds on the skills developed in the Basic Dog Manners program and applies them in a public setting. Mastering the Canine Good Citizen program will help your dog:
- Politely exit and enter doorways
- Walk politely on a leash around people, through a crowd, and past other dogs
- Remain calm and compliant around a variety of public distractions (noises, surfaces, people, etc)
- Stop and wait at a street corner and cross with no pulling
- Ignore food and debris on the street and sidewalk
- Walk under control in building (slick surface, carpeted floor)
- Go up and down stairs, steps, or elevator under control
- Allow a friendly stranger to approach you with your dog under control
- Accept handling by a veterinarian, groomer, etc.
- Wait calmly while you have a meal or snack
- Come when called reliably past distractions
- Maintain good manners when left with trusted people such as dog walkers, housesitters, etc.
Train at Public Locations Around the Carmel & Westfield Area!
All skills are practiced and tested in real world settings. It is not simulated in a controlled class environment. Lessons are held at various locations where there are cars, streets to be crossed, noises, people walking, joggers, and other distractions. In addition to working outdoors, you will be working your dog in pet-friendly buildings, restaurants, etc. – wherever you need it most!
Course Schedule & Other Information
- The price for the 7 week course is $150
- The price includes two free private lessons within the 7 week class session
- To enroll or to get more information, contact K9 Prep School 317-709-4155 or email email@example.com