What is Puppy Preschool?
Puppy Preschool is designed to take advantage of the fact that puppies between 6 to 16 weeks of age learn responses and retain experiences better than any other time. Through various positive reinforcement methods, the Puppy Preschool program is designed to build your puppy’s confidence and establish a strong foundation for future training. By implementing these techniques, you will help your puppy understand “house rules” that are to be followed.
What Will Your Puppy Learn?
In five lessons, the course covers management, training, and socialization techniques that will help you build a productive and trusting relationship with your puppy. You will learn how to apply these techniques to prevent and address nuisance puppy behaviors. The program will culminate with the AKC S.T.A.R. puppy test.
- Management strategies to keep your puppy out of trouble
- Redirecting your puppy from performing unwanted behaviors
- Shaping essential obedience commands
- Helping your puppy accept handling for examinations
- Environmental conditioning & socialization strategies
- How to productively play with your puppy
AKC S.T.A.R. Puppy Test
Where Will the Lessons Be Held?
Lessons will be taught in the comfort and convenience of your own home.
- Personalized instruction
- Tailored curriculum to meet your needs
- Convenience of training in your home
- Easier involvement of all family members
- Better results in a shorter amount of time
- Appointments scheduled at your pace
How Much Does It Cost?
The total cost for the 5 lesson program is $200
- The price of each lesson is $40
- You pay after each lesson
- Each lesson is a minimum of 60 minutes
- There is no extra charge for lessons that exceed 60 minutes
- There is a $10 charge per lesson for multiple dog households