(for graduates of Canine Good Citizen)
The Urban Canine program builds on the skills developed in the Canine Good Citizen program and applies them in an urban setting. Upon completion, an urban canine will be able to:
- Politely exit and enter doorways in dog-friendly buildings
- Walk through a crowd on a busy urban sidewalk.
- Remain calm and compliant around a variety of city distractions (noises, surfaces, people, etc)
- Stop and wait at a street corner and cross with no pulling
- Ignore food and debris on the street and sidewalk
- Walk under control in building (slick surface, carpeted floor)
- Go up and down stairs, steps, or elevator under control.
- Calmly ride in a car and enters/exits under control
Train at Locations Around the Indy Metro Area!
All skills are practiced and tested in real world settings. It is not simulated in a controlled class environment. Lessons are held at various locations where there are cars, streets to be crossed, noises people walking, joggers, and other distractions. In addition to working outdoors, you will be working your dog in pet-friendly buildings, restaurants, etc. – wherever you need it most!